We want to make your stay at Las Vegas Recovery Center a comfortable one. The season of the year should assist you in determining the type of clothing you will bring. Also understand that depending on what you maybe detoxifying (medically monitored withdrawal) from, it could be cold or warm to you while you’re in treatment. Please give yourself enough clothing that would assist you in being comfortable during your stay – whether you feel warm or cold at Las Vegas Recovery Center. The list below, while not comprehensive, should give a good idea of what is acceptable to bring into treatment. *Keep in mind that laundry will be done for clients as needed so you/they will not need as many clothes as you/they may think.
Things that are acceptable to bring into treatment:
- Two bag limit
- One week supply of casual attire should be sufficient for first five weeks; nine or twelve week program may bring two weeks supply of clothing, insurance card and between $300-$500 for client incidental fund.
- Appropriate clothing may include:
- Sweatshirts and/or clothing to layer
- T-shirts that are long in length
- Clothing that is comfortable and can be worn during activities such as yoga
- Non-revealing clothing
- Robes, shower slippers, or sandals
- Pair of comfortable shoes, including sneakers
Toiletries which do not contain alcohol:
- Non-aerosol (roll-on/stick) deodorant
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Body lotion
- Non-aerosol (pump) hairspray
Other items you may want to bring to treatment include:
- Hair brush and/or comb
- Disposable safety razors and electric shavers
- Curling or straightening irons (must have safety re-set)
- Blow dryers
- Pens, pencils, erasers, paper, notebooks, etc.
- Reading glasses, sunglasses
- Alarm clock (battery-operated is recommended)
- Sun block
- Extra pillows
- Nail clippers
Medications – Las Vegas Recovery Center requests that clients bring in all prescribed medications they are currently taking. These medications need to be in their original labeled bottles. This will help ensure that required medications are continued. Please do not pack medications in your luggage – bag them separately so that Las Vegas Recovery Center staff can review your medications during the assessment process.
- We ask clients to not bring in opened and/or expired over-the-counter medications. For example, opened bottles of vitamins, diet aids, sinus/allergy medications, Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofen, nasal sprays, etc.
- We will not dispense any over-the-counter medication that is opened or has been used prior to admission.
- Any over-the counter medications will require a written order from the medical staff.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above policies, please speak with an Admission Counselor.